Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy

It has been an exciting month for me artistically. Although I have not been able to produce too many pieces, I have been working diligently on framing my work and involving myself in artistic happenings in my area.

I have entered five of my paintings to a silent auction being held as a fund raiser for the Heritage School. I am often careful about giving paintings to auctions as painting is like a birthing process. It is extremely hard for me to part with my work. There is so much time, effort, and soul put into each piece that you like to reap the rewards of your hard work. This auction called my name because the profits are split with the artists. I don't know why people haven't thought to do this before! Many other local artists are placing their works in the show and I'm very excited to be a part of it. Also, Steve Penley, a nationally renowned artist will be part of the auction. I was very fortunate to meet him a few weeks ago at one of his shows. Brilliant guy - and funny. That's always nice.

More exciting news for me! I have been asked by two gallery's to hang my artwork. Wow! I'm loving these connections I have made.

I took the time to write an Artist Biography. I have never spent time thinking about my artistic journey so I am glad to have put it down on paper. I will be posting the bio shorty.

No comments:

Post a Comment